Thursday, February 10, 2011

Expert Cleaner

I used to pride myself on my cleaning expertise. I come from a long line of "psycho" cleaners. As you know, I have no emotional attachment to anything, and freely throw away anything and anyone that doesn't meet my standards.

With five kids I run my house like a military boot camp. Beds are neatly made, clothes are put away, toys are not allowed to stay out, floors are swept and washed, bathrooms are clean, yadda, yadda, yadda. However, as I sat here this morning admiring my "everything has a place, everything in it's place" home, I about choked on my oatmeal.

Glorious sun, oh glorious sun, where have you been?? Hiding! and go back there please until I clean what I have apparently been missing for the last two weeks!!! Are you kidding me?! I know I wiped the walls and doors. I know I cleaned that mirror. I know I cleaned the TV screen. I know I dusted!!!! Imagine my horror when I started to look around and see EVERYTHING that I missed. Shocked and appalled is how I feel right now.

I try to be the Eco-friendly cleaner too. But I'm sorry, bleach is my best friend. Just because you need a gas mask when you walk in my door, doesn't mean you're going to drop over dead. I mean lets be honest. If sterilizing my house means I'm also sterilizing it's inhabitants, I won't be too upset. Frankly, there are some of my kids that just should not reproduce. Yes, mother of the year, I know. But, chaos breeds germs, germs breed sick children, sick children cost time and money at the doctor.

So off I go to with my Hazmat suit for more cleaning. Mind you, I realize it only stays clean while the kids are at school. It ALL completely falls apart the minute they come in the house. Vicious cycle and a total waste of time. But in my crazy psycho cleaning world, it's worth the five minutes it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment