Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Affair

I'm going to come clean. I'm having an affair. I'm not really sure what else you would call it at this point. I love chocolate. There is just no denying it anymore.

I can't say for sure how long it's been going on. Maybe my whole life. In fact, I'm pretty sure it has been a life long affair. However, it wasn't until recently that I would classify it as an affair. Here are some of the signs that indicated I MAY have a problem: I hide it in the hopes that I won't want another piece; I sneak it when I think no one is looking; I make special trips to mysterious places to get it; I dream about it; it's on my mind constantly; I make excuses as to why I should have more; I can't stop the temptation and give in regularly; I believe it loves me unconditionally; I believe it is there for me in my times of need; I believe it will never let me down; I put it on almost everything because I can't live without it; I am in love with chocolate.

There I said it. I hear the first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem. Wait! I don't have a problem (yes, that's denial). I just don't care any more. I mean really?! Who doesn't love a chocolate martini, chocolate eclair, chocolate with caramel, chocolate beer, chocolate fondue, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate chips, hot chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, brownies, hot fudge, fudge, chocolate coffee, flowers that are chocolate, double chocolate cookies, chocolate cupcakes, do I need to continue?

I am NOT giving up my love affair with chocolate. I'm also NOT sharing. This is one affair I will take to the grave. And if I have my way, I'm going down with a chocolate martini in one hand and dark chocolate Reece's in the other. The Devil will just have to make room for me and my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. So you're the Chocolate Bubba Gump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly who I am! Run just as far too! Life is like a box of chocolate right?! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't just delete post when you have second thoughts about it!!!! This is your blog, so post whatever you want. I thought Ken was a great name for a girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete