Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hormone Therapy

It was suggested to me today that MAYBE I should try hormone therapy...My response was VERY clear, "Why? I don't have any problem being a B*$ch! I don't want to fix it." I have definitely reached my whits end. And it's not just my kids this time. Shocked? Yes, I realize you are.

I have been trying to get a job for the last month. OK, it's been longer than that. But, I have been REALLY trying this last month. It has been an absolute nightmare. For several reasons. The ex lost his job at the end of July. It was the ONLY responsibility he had. Literally. I do everything else. So now the push is on for both of us to come up with something. Me because I cannot stand to be strapped to a clinically depressed-unmotivated-poor me-idiot anymore. And him for his children.

I've been slapped into the reality of it is CLEARLY who you know these days, not what you know. It's sad really. I have applied to so many jobs with very little response. Other than, "We got your resume and it's now in our data bank..." with millions of other people trying to get a job too. No one actually sends you a thanks but no thanks letter anymore. They just send a generic data bank letter or nothing at all. The thing that truly aggravates me is the time it takes to actually fill out an on-line application! It is beyond ridiculous. It takes an hour for EACH application. Then to get nothing or a generic response is just discouraging.

I made the executive decision that I am applying anywhere. If I'm going to be the one to support my kids, then I get to dictate where we live. Right? So where to??? Hmmmmm Bermuda, Belize, Fiji, Hawaii, Caribbean???? Why not right? I have no problem packing up my bathing suit, sun screen, and Kindle and moving out. I can home school the kids on the beach. They can learn about real life by ripping off tourists and selling t-shirts on the beach. If the wackos from Jersey Shore can do it, why can't my kids?? My kids are WAY smarter than those nut jobs! Imagine what they can learn! Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, street smarts...What?! Why can't I just do what the locals do there? Open up a fake business with no insurance, and pray no one gets hurt...I'm 99% sure that's how most businesses operate down on the islands.

OK, so maybe I'm delirious with frustration. I'm trying very hard to stay positive and do a little bit everyday. But, it really is hard to stay focused when you know going into a job posting that your odds of getting a human being to respond or that an internal candidate has pretty well secured the position are slim to none. Why can't I win the lottery? or at least buy some property that miraculously has natural gas hidden under it? Or oil? Jeez, now I sound like the ex...boo hoo poor me. NOT!!! I am a firm believer in making your own happiness. Therefore, I will keep plugging along with the belief that only good will come my way...Oh cabana boy!!! Have you seen my chitlings???? A girl can dream right??

No comments:

Post a Comment