Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tantrums

Honestly! Who doesn't love to have a good throw yourself on the floor, all out screaming and crying tantrum?? I know I'd love to have them a few times a day. Let's face it. All it really is is a pity party for yourself. Poor me, life is so terrible. Boo hoo.

WRONG! Get up and get over yourself! When my eight year old threw himself on the floor last night because he couldn't play catch, I about threw myself on the floor next to him screaming "why do you hate me so and why are you so ungrateful??" Seriously! Ugh! It was time for showers, homework and bed. NOT play time. Sorry buddy, but welcome to the realities of life. Kids just never seem to get that a tantrum DOES NOT warrent a reward! Not at my house anyway! In fact I walked away before I lost it too.

Life is not that bad. It's all what you make it out to be. If you think the world and everyone in it owes you then you might as well be a rock. Because people are going to continue to beat you up, throw you around, and step on you forever. Get up off the floor and get to living!

No comments:

Post a Comment