Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bah Humbug

Oh the holidays...AGAIN! I swear it was JUST Christmas. Oh wait! That's right. As my father says "Everyday is Christmas Julie". No wonder my kids are so rotten! Ok, so maybe I fall into the spoiled category as well.

After my kids left for school yesterday, I went for a run and cleaned my house. Both did wonders for my temper. They are VERY lucky to have a mommy that has an outlet for her rage. By mid afternoon I was calm and in the forgiving mood. Let's not get crazy now. I said I forgive, I DID NOT say I forget. Being the evil mommy that I am I decided to get out the Christmas decorations and taunt them with the fact that Santa ONLY comes to good children. Mhhhhhhh

I have a love hate relationship with this time of year. The chaos keeps me going, the money that goes out makes me cringe, the laughter and excitement makes my heart melt, and the undeniable power I have over my kids makes me smile an evil smile. I absolutely love to threaten "Santa is NOT coming if you don't knock it off!" They are still young enough to know that this is a VERY good possiblity. I dread the day I can't use that line. But for now it keeps me smiling my Grinchy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment