Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ho Hum.....

Oh whatever shall I do now that my wonderful, happy, healthy children are back at school????? Enjoy the silence that's what I'm doing!!! No more, "I'm bored!", "He spit on me!", "I hate her!", "You're a meanie!", "What's for lunch?", "I'm starving!!!!" (this ALWAYS followed a full meal mind you). And the list goes on.

Some days I like to believe one of my five children will grow up and realize I'm not such a bad mom and take care of ME. Other days I believe I don't pay the therapist enough. Nor will I ever stop paying her!

Yes summer is officially over. Waa! But hurray for school and the sense of routine it brings to all of us. It's comforting and consistent. And though my children will NEVER admit to it, they have looked forward to it for the past month. Too much togetherness creates nothing but chaos. Chaos breads disaster. Disaster unfolds into Mommy drinking LOTS to numb the whole existence of their being!

Don't get me wrong. I love my kids and do EVERYTHING for them. However, there is a reason we grow up and MOVE FAR AWAY from our parents. So many different personalities can only be expected to be civil for so long. Eventually someone is going to lose it. And in our house it creates a trickle down effect. Even the dog has enjoyed the silence these last two days!

Though the days of summer seem a distant blur now, the end of baseball, a dance recital, a three week trip to the cottage, swimming lessons, a week of movies with Dad, a trip down the west side of the state, countless yelling matches, endless laughter, and one broken ankle later, we all survived and lived to tell our stories.

So now what? Well, horseback riding continues, hockey starts, and so does dance. Dinner, homework, sports, and lots of driving. All in all I can't complain. No one listens when I do anyway. But I will say, life is good, some days are better than others. At the end of the day I can colapse and say "thank god that's over and I'm not in jail!" Phew! It's the little things in life.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the sound of little feet in the house........... HA

    ReplyDelete