Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Endless Humor...

I was bored one night and looking for something funny to read on my Kindle when I came across this book called Go The F@#k To Sleep. I kid you not, I just finished screaming at my kids to do just that when I found the book. I honestly thought there was a camera in my house. Coincidence? I think NOT!

I immediately bought the book. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't longer than it was. But, pleasantly surprised at how insanely accurate it depicted bed time with children. Who was this man that wrote this? Was he hiding in my house watching me? I was starting to get a really creepy feeling. Amidst laughing hysterically!

This book not only makes you feel like you are not alone as a parent of a child who will not go to sleep, but it also makes you feel like laughing at someone else for having the same problem! I will absolutely recommend this book to EVERY parent I know. Because lets face it, we've all been there. Just one more hug, one more potty break, one more story, one more kiss, one more question to answer, one more, one more, one more!!!! AHHHHHHHH It's maddening!

It wasn't until yesterday that I learned how popular this book is. My sitter stopped by to say, "you have to read this! AND listen on YouTube to Samuel L. Jackson narrate it!!!" Needless to say, I thought I was one up on her by already reading the book. However, when I went to YouTube today I realized that I was WAY behind! Tons of celebrities are narrating it. Samuel L. Jackson was on David Letterman reading some of it back in June for crying out loud! All parents should write books! We have endless stories to tell! Kids provide so much humor on a daily basis! Even when we want to choke their little eyes out.

For years I thought that my kids were put on this earth to drive me absolutely insane. Which some days there is NOT enough alcohol to cope with them. But when you actually sit down and take a long hard look, all they really are is curious and honest. As adults we take things that they say or do as irritating or frustrating or just plain rude. In actuality they are just calling it like they see it. Being able to sit back and laugh at either yourself for being ridiculous or being able to actually laugh at what they say or do is worth it's weight in gold to a child. Now if I could just remember this at 9pm when I all I want is for them To Go The F@#k To Sleep!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment