Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Only A Mothers Love

Just when I thought I hit rock bottom with all the things I have put up with with my kids, I am ambushed with yet another of life's "are you kidding me" moments. As moms we put up with SO much. I have been peed on, pooped on, barfed on, spit on, nose wiped on, sneezed on, coughed on, you name it, the bodily fluid that comes out of my children, has at one point or another, landed on me. And as a mom, we just shake our heads and take it all. I will admit, it certainly was a lot cuter when they were babies. Now, it's just plain gross.

It's in our nature to help our babies, no matter what. But at some point in life I have to ask, where do I get to draw the line??? Please tell me I do. Because boys are gross. Plain and simple. My boys are into sports. My nine year old lives and breaths EVERY sport. My eight year old just goes along with his big brother and enjoys whatever he's playing at the time. I'm convinced if I didn't make him play something, he'd sit in his closet building Lego's the rest of his life.

Currently the boys play hockey. I'm thrilled. They play baseball in the spring/summer and that's fine. But as far as I'm concerned, baseball can be so brutally boring that I want to rip my eyes out. At least with hockey, there's constant action. However, as we all know, with hockey comes A LOT OF SWEAT. With a lot of sweat, comes a lot of stink. When my own father, who also played hockey, said, "Jules, you need to wash the boys hockey stuff", you know there's an issue.

I'm hear to tell you two things. First, that commercial for Febreze, is a big fat lie. That product covers up the stench for a short amount of time. Underneath it all, whatever you're spraying, still stinks. Second, washing a jock should NEVER be a woman's job. Nor a mom's for that matter! I literally wanted rubber gloves when I had to take the cups out. Not only did I have to remove them to wash their jock shorts, but I had to touch them AGAIN to put them back in!!! I drew the line right then and there. I have put up with as much as I possibly can with my kids. But no where, in ANY parent handbook, does it say that touching, washing, or even looking at jocks or cups is the responsibility of a mom.

I understand the value of the cup. And I get that the jock holds all their junk in place. BUT, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew! I would never expect my son's or my boyfriend to wash or handle my bra's. Let's face it, in reality they are the same thing. However, most bra's are pretty and inviting. Why? Because they hold boobs. Boys like boobs. Jocks and cups? Not so pretty. Stinky and gross actually. And why? Because they're used in sports. I'm absolutely sure I don't need to say any more. In fact, I need to actually go bleach my hands AGAIN. AND, get my spoons to stab my eyes out. UGH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment