Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What Was I Thinking...

When was the last time you had a gut wrenching laugh? Tears and pee included. It seems like those kind of laughs are few and far between. Sure we all have a little chuckle now and then. And maybe a good laugh. But the kind that leave you gasping for air, wiping your eyes, and changing your underwear don't seem to come as often as we need them. I can honestly say I've had two in the last week. I truly believe the laughter has lightened my mood. If not put a huge smile on my face randomly throughout the day.

The process is simple actually. Take out your photo album from the 80's! You can't count the 70's because most of the fashion trends have gone back to that simple, sleek look. Even the Afro has come back! However, go to the 80's, and even early 90's, and look how big your hair was and how awful your clothes were. The funny part, we THOUGHT we looked GOOD!!! I was so busy laughing the weeks before Christmas at the Glamour Shot pictures that Ellen was showing, that I never gave ANY thought to the embarrassing pictures I had in my own closet. That was until last night.

It started with my girlfriend sending me a picture of her new haircut. It all went downhill from there. After sharing a few old pictures, I will suffice to say that it ended with her son asking if I was a man and if she had an Afro like the guy from the band LMFAO. Why she told him it was us in the first place is beyond me. I told her she should have said, "that's my "friend" and the man whore she picked up!" To say "what was I thinking?" is a gross understatement!

Most people don't get better looking with age. I, on the other hand, feel that I have. Wink, wink! I gave my boyfriend such grief when he told me I used to be a "6" years ago and a "10" now, that I actually had to apologize to him today. I think he was being generous in both cases. But, good lord! I looked horrible! Who let me out of the house??? You know we all snicker at people we see, especially the Walmart folks, who step out with something ridiculous on. And why? Because they walked out thinking like the rest of us, "I look GOOD!"

I realize that we can't always look our best, and that even famous people have their off days. But come on! Even when I don't get a shower everyday, I don't look that bad. Well, I don't look like a man anymore! I may smell like one, but that's nothing perfume can't hide. Yes those pictures are embarrassing as all get out, but I'm not burning them. The laughs they produce are PRICELESS! Imagine how much happier the world would be if everyone got out their old photos?? I'm telling you, if you're having a rotten day, and need a good laugh, all it takes is a good look at yourself from the past. And that my friends is worth a change of underwear any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment