Friday, October 1, 2010

Clean House

Am I the only one who feels that cleaning your home is a COMPLETE waste of time???

I love the smell of a clean house, clean sheets, see a clean floor, lines in the carpet from the vacuum, sit on a clean toilet seat, you name it, I just love that look and smell. So tell me why five children notice ABSOLUTLEY NONE of that?! UGH! They can walk in the door and in less than one minute destroy ALL my hard work. Makes me crazy! It's like I want to wrap them in a sterile white suit and tell them to just sit for five minutes and take it all in!

I have a neighbor who is an obsessive cleaner. My ex one time said "jeez, it's soooo clean in here." I said "Yes. But there is a difference between this house and ours. We live in our home. They exist in theirs". Yes you can eat off my floors! But only because there's a trail of crumbs from one end to the other. My kids are learning survival techniques and love our house because they feel comfortable enough to realize there is more to life than just lines in the carpet from a vacuum.

1 comment:

  1. Woman, I love the vacuum lines int eh carpet sans footprints!!! I'm the only one that recognizes it but I don't care.......

    ReplyDelete