Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Homework

I have five kids. There is not enough beer in the universe to get me through homework, showering and teeth brushing time.

Take my son for example. This is my prodigy child mind you. Will someone please explain to me why those that are so incredibly book smart are so incredibly dumb in almost every other facet of life??? UGH! I love my son, but if he can get ANYONE to do something for him, he will. His homework for example. "Mom what's nine minus six?". "I'm not telling you Kyle. Figure it out.", "Brendan what's nine minus six?" I hear a muffled "three" shoot up from an intense Mario Cart session. Honestly! The kid knows the answer, he's just too lazy to figure it out on his own. He's six reading at a middle school level. Yet will "trick" anyone into tying his shoes, getting his socks, getting a glass of water, making his bed, you name it, my son is a genius when it comes to delegating!

Hey! Wait a minute! How has he mastered that so young and I can't get a single one of them to do anything??? Maybe he's not so dumb after all??? Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment