Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weather

Oh the weather. There are two jobs I wish I had looked into when I went to college. Weather forecasting or the funeral business. Both are sure bets in my book.

Take the funeral business for example. People are always going to die. Sad, but true. You will always have a job. Weather forecasting? What other job can you have where you can be continually wrong and STILL have a job?? It's truly incredible to me! I realize of course that Mother Nature has every right to change her mind without ANY warning. However, those weather people can watch that Doppler machine all they want, comment all they want, GUESS all they want, and still be completely wrong. My mother yesterday was so sure the wind was going to rip my porch furniture off my back deck, that she raced over to help me get it inside. My house blocked the direction of the wind and nothing was moving on my deck.

If I had the money, I'd absolutely go back to school and get into one of these professions. I am shaking my head and kicking myself every time I run past the local funeral home and every time I turn on the news. Thank goodness I have five kids! I'm adding these two to the list of professions they are ALLOWED to chose from when they go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment