Monday, October 18, 2010

The Rainbow Bridge

Having an animal ALWAYS seems like a good idea. That is until you bring them home, fed them, clean up after them, pay for ALL the vet meds, and worry who will watch them whenever you get a chance to leave your home.

I used to be a huge animal lover! Volunteered for the Humane Society, house sat for peoples dogs and cats, defended my animals when they did something they had no control over because they were "just an animal". Then I had kids. I'm pretty sure you know where this is going. My poor beloved animals fell by the wayside. They were more of a nuisance than a part of the family anymore. That's just sad and wrong in so many ways. All these animals want is love and attention and ALWAYS give twice as much in return. So here I was complaining and joking about how good it will be when they all go. Not so funny when that day comes.

My kids are all at school now, the dog is gone and I'm left with one stupid cat that I'd like to send to the Rainbow Bridge. Guess I'll go find him and see what our plans are for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment