Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hostess Gift

I not much of a proper etiquette person. Not that I'm rude by any means. I guess I'm more of an "I don't get it" person. It rates right up there with tipping. I'm already paying you for the service you just gave me, why must I give you more money?? Makes zero sense to me.

My mother. I need not say more. Ugh! She always insists on bringing a "little something" to someones home whenever she's invited. If I hear the words hostess gift one more time from her I might actually drop over dead. This person has invited you to their home because they want to enjoy your company, not so that you can bring them a gift! It's not a holiday, it's not their birthday, it's not a special occasion, it's just friends getting together! If I had to bring a gift to my friends every time I went to see them, I'd be broke.

So guess what? I have become my mother! I'm off to the store to find a "little something" for our friends we're visiting this weekend. And no, I still don't get it.

1 comment: