Thursday, January 20, 2011

Animals

Most people that know me know that I used to be an animal lover. Notice the words used to be. I was always the first to bring home strays, find homes for lost dogs, volunteer for the Humane Society, adopt the sad faced take me home dog, house sit for pets, and so on. However, those days have long since passed. Now they are like grandchildren to me, I'm glad they are someone else's responsibility.

Many years ago I volunteered at a cat show. To say those people are crazy is an understatement. It was not at all what I expected it to be. As I was sitting there minding my own business, because you are not allowed to touch or talk to anyone, especially the cats, a woman approached me and asked if she could give me a free book. I love to read and will always accept a free book. Well, we all know NOTHING is free. For the next hour I had to hear ALL about the inhumane treatment of animals all over the world. I of course representing the Humane Society, and being young and naive, had no idea what she was talking about. By the time I read the book and put two and two together, I realized she was representing PETA.

Don't get me wrong. I would love for those that abuse animals to have done to them what they have inflicted on poor innocent creatures. I have no tolerance for abuse. However, as most of you also know, I am NOT a morning person. I have decided I have no problem learning to operate a 22 with night vision scope to take out the neighbors dog who barks CONTINUALLY day and night; particularly at 6am. I'm sorry, but I have owned animals my whole life. I don't care who you are, allowing your animal to disrupt an entire neighborhood at ridiculous hours is unacceptable. The sad part is that I really don't think the owners would mind if I did. I know my neighbors would be thrilled.

This poor dog, an ankle bitter no less, is let out and left out at ridiculous times. She would bark at the air if she thought it was moving. The owners don't want her inside because she barks in there too. Call me crazy, but here's an idea- obedience school or a bark collar. Both are available! You wanted the animal, it's a part of your family, take the time to care for it. Seems simple to me. I'm just done with this poor neglected dog. In my youth, I would have just walked over and offered to take the thing. Now I'm about to walk over and take it out.

I've had my coffee, my anger has subsided, and being the nice person that I am, will just call animal control at 6am tomorrow. Someone needs to stick up for the neighborhood, and the dog. I'm just tired of listening to both bark!

No comments:

Post a Comment