Friday, January 14, 2011

Reality TV

I don't watch TV often. In fact, I have so many shows Tivo'd I will never watch, that I should turn the machine in and save myself some money each month. I like to live in my bubble where nothing bad happens to anyone. Every time I get the urge to turn it on, there is ALWAYS some tragedy being reported. Does ANYTHING good ever happen in the world???

Then there is reality TV. I will admit to watching Jersey Shore. The first time I tuned in, was a year ago and I swore I'd never watch it again. I mean really? Who talks, looks and acts like that?? My mouth hangs open and I shake my head every time I see it. But, it's like a train wreck. You just can't look away.

I heard that these kids make $30k an episode. Seriously?! All that for being young, dumb and apparently full of come! It's truly amazing to me! I once went through customs with my five kids. The border guy says, "WOW, you've got a lot of kids! Have you ever seen John and Kate plus 8?" If it hadn't been for my fear of jail I would have flipped him off. Instead I politely said, "Yes, I live their life. I'm only three short and don't have my own reality show."

One of these days I am going to have my own reality show. It'll be called Old, Wise and Full of Vodka. I mean who wouldn't want to watch me start my day with a Bailey's and coffee, yell at my kids to constantly hurry up, cook endless tasteless meals for them, and end the day with a "big people" drink??? Fun right??? Clearly worth $30k an episode! Oh, and that's not hair gel in my hair, that's grease from being too busy to shower. Reality at it's finest folks!

3 comments:

  1. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Now I'll never get that image out of my mind. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO JOKE as a mom of 5 I could make millions, come on over with the cameras!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring them on I say!!! I'll give them reality!

    ReplyDelete