Friday, January 7, 2011

I See Dead People

I have never discounted paranormal activity. Nor have I any reason to believe that some people do possess a seventh sense that allows them to understand things about death or life changing moments. In fact, sometimes I feel like one of these people. I have had dreams about planes crashing and ALWAYS within three days a plane will go down somewhere in the world. It's the strangest thing!!!! I have always chalked it off to my fear of flying. But who knows, right??

My daughter had her tenth birthday party last month. She had a great time. I however am still recovering from five screaming girls up til 6am. It's quite possible this was the last party EVER for ANY of my children. As with any party, there is usually a moment that sticks out and stays with you for a lifetime.

With the party in full swing, one of my daughters friends comes to me and says that one of the girls is upstairs sobbing and won't come out. I go up thinking that this poor girl has somehow gotten hurt and I've got to call her mother and break the news. Boy was I mistaken! Here she is balled up on my daughters bed sobbing uncontrollably. "Honey what's wrong? Are you hurt?" She looks me straight in the eyes and says, "No. My cousin who died is sitting in that chair over there saying spooky things to me." I look around as if I'm on Punked and stand there speechless. Honestly! How do you respond to something like that??? Knowing I have to choose my words carefully with an inconsolable child I say, "Well, maybe she's here to keep you company?" I'm at a loss at this point. She then goes on to tell me, mind you FREAKING out the other girls that now believe there is a ghost in my house, that her cousin died of a blood disease and that she only visits when this little girl is at homes she doesn't know. At this point I'm trying to decide if this girl is crazy, a liar, can really see dead people, or an amazing actress. My only response is "Let's go have cake. It'll make everyone feel better!" UGH!!!!

I have dubbed this poor little girl "I See Dead People" and to this day cannot possibly imagine what other friends or situations I will have to incur at future parties. I'm still shaking my head! Some days I laugh, other days I wonder. Again, you just never know.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! Let them eat cake...... Everyone knows that ghost can't travel from house to house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I know right?! I'm still laughing!!!!

    ReplyDelete