Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday

UGH!!! I'll make this short and sweet. My father has told me for years that getting old is NOT for the weak. Honestly, where does the time go? It's my birthday, AGAIN, next week. And for the 19th year in a row, I am choosing to ignore, avoid, deny, and trash it's existence.

On the other end, my children keep relentlessly reminding me and I pretend like I don't hear them...similar to most things that they say. I think the thing that bothers me the most about my birthday is that it's another reminder of time gone by. My kids are one year older, all the should have, could haves crop up from the past year, and let's face it, some new ailment is looming! I swear the older I get, the more my body hates me. And for the most part, I'm really good to it! I suppose it's just another of life's little mysteries.

So, for the 19th year in a row, I am 22. Legal enough to drink, old enough to vote, and young enough to deny ANY responsibility for myself. My alter ego, the soon to be 41 year old, has to get off the computer, snow blow the driveway, do three loads of laundry, vacuum the house, and go buy birthday presents for the rest of the January birthday people in her life. Ahhhhh to be 22. You're only as old as you feel, right???

1 comment:

  1. Why are we talking about your birthday so soon in advance of the actual day? That's how young people think, oh that's right you're 22.........

    ReplyDelete