Friday, January 21, 2011

Memory

I have the worst memory ever. In fact it has never been good. I would study for tests for hours, days, and still do horrible. By the next day I couldn't even begin to tell you what I just wasted all that time on. My girlfriends used to say, "remember when we went to that party and we saw..." Nope, not a clue. My next question is always, "did I have a good time?". Ugh! I'm just hopeless.

My uncle had a photographic memory! Obviously that gene got lost somewhere. Because I honestly don't think I'd remember my name if I didn't hear it occasionally. Most days it's "MOM!!!!!!!!". That I just downright ignore.

Regardless, twice I came up with an idea for something to write today. And twice I forgot it. The second time I told myself to write it down. I forgot to do that too. I'm a mess. I've read that people with my disease, CRS (can't remember sh#t), should do puzzles, read, learn a new language, stuff that stimulates your brain. Exercise it if you will. I guess those books didn't know that I have five kids, a house to run, clothes to wash and fold, bills to pay, driveway to clear, and food to cook. The only brain stimulating I do, is when I sit down on Thursday nights and watch Jersey Shore. No wonder I can't remember anything! That mindless TV kills several brain cells.

And for the record, I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to come up with something else to write. It's not coming to me. I had a thought but it's gone. As my grandpa used to say, "give me a minute. It'll come back around." Nope, not this time. But I will say this to prove my point. I just went back to look at some of my other posts. I've written about my lack of memory twice! This is now the third time. Clearly I can't remember sh*t! Where's my coffee??? Oh, it's going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment