Monday, February 22, 2010

Jill of All Trades

I'm not usually one to brag, but sometimes I just gotta toot my own horn. And do a little male bashing in the process.

I was married for 13 years, together 15. The entire time I was with the ex I could count on one hand the amount of times he lifted a finger around the house. Made my father crazy. To this day I am still reminded that the ex could never be bothered to change a light bulb. I did it all. Over the years I have been a gardener, drywall expert, master plumber, auto repairman, electrician, chef, carpet cleaner, painter, window washer, power washing aficionado, appliance repairman, tile and grouting repairman, and the list goes on. Mind you this was all done while either working full time outside the home or pre/postnatal to five small children.

As of last month, and thanks to today's snow storm, I have added yet another talent to my list; Snow Blower. And I'm not talking a little Toro either! I'm talking one of those giant Craftsman models. So yes I am Super Mom and no I don't need a man in my life to help me get the job done. I CAN do it all!

2 comments:

  1. Will U marry me??????? I have enough work to keep you busy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha!!!! Hell no!!! I just unloaded one! I've got 20 kids remember??? that's enough to keep me busy!

    ReplyDelete