Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long Lost Treasures


We had a small tragedy in my house about three and a half years ago. My daughter grew extremely fond of a small yellow bear when she was VERY young and it miraculously disappeared. Now you all know how I love to throw things away right? Well, this time I was pretty sure I didn't chuck it.

Time passed and we all reminisced about the days of Bear Bear. We'd see him in pictures or joke that no one ever really replaced him. In fact it was a little sad for all of us. I'm hear to tell you that wonders never cease! My nosy older daughter was rummaging through some old stuff in the closet when low and behold the tiny, dirty, beat up yellow bear appeared! She was barely 18 months when it was lost. She's five now and it was like her best friend was back! She hasn't let it go yet! I had to beg her to let me wash him.

There's two lessons here today. First, you're never too young to own something that leaves a lasting imprint in your life. And second, there's something to be said about cleaning out old junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment