Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meaningless to Meaningful

There are two things in this world I absolutely LOVE to buy, shoes and belts. The rest is nothing short of painful for me to purchase. I'm the person that refuses to try stuff on, takes it home, goes to wear it, it looks ridiculous, and with tags still on, puts it right in the donation bag. I'm awful. I'll admit it.

Mind you I have bought A LOT of shoes in my time. Lately it's running shoes, with a few fun stilettos thrown in! I just love the look and feel of new shoes. Especially running shoes. I've been buying the same ones for the last four years. I swear by them. In that four years, not once have I read any of the tags to see what meaningless information they might have to share with me. I love the shoes, so what do I care right? Imagine my surprise when I read that the name of my shoes actually has a meaning! ASICS, it's an acronym from the Latin phrase, "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano," which translates simply to "a sound mind in a sound body." The name of my running shoes sums up exactly how I feel when I'm running. Coincidence? I think not! Needless to say, I had a great run today. It's the little moments in life that count for me. And today, that one little tag made something I enjoy go from just some thing I do, to just some thing I do with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment