Monday, January 18, 2010

What's The Big Deal???

Ah another year older. Whatever! I've decided that birthday's are for everyone BUT me anymore. I stopped at 22 eighteen years ago. Call it what you will, denial works for me. 40 is the new 20, blah, blah, blah. So great, then I'm really ONLY 22. I was never good at math anyway and as long as my kids don't catch on, I'm good.

Milestone birthday's have never really been a big deal to me. Well, 21 was a blast...I think, 30 was uneventful, and 40 allowed me to spend some great time with great friends and family. I can't complain about that. Now what?? Glass is ALWAYS half full in my world. Sometimes overflowing. But I like it that way. I'm happy, lucky, blessed, fortunate, and absolutely looking forward to where I go from here!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birf-day Julie. Sorry I missed the celebration..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Always next year :-) or any excuse for cocktails in my book! Ha!

    ReplyDelete