Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Remember Mama??

It's quite possible I have the worlds worst memory. I can remember the dumbest of things (we call that PST- Piece of S#*t Trivia) and pretty much nothing else. It's awful. I can remember faces, but not names. Phone numbers, but not who they belong to. Buy birthday cards, and forget to send them. Need something from the fridge only to get there and have no idea why I'm standing there. Call it what you will. I call it mom brain. We get dumber and smarter about the most amazing things!

Take today for example. My four year old was rambling on about something then eventually says "remember when we did that?" Hmmmm since I had tuned out most of what she was saying all I could replied with was "what?" Mother of the year again! And yes maybe that is why I don't remember much. I've simply tuned it out. It's a skill I've perfected with five kids. Regardless, she went right back to the story and asked again "now you remember?" I did listen this time and said with my motherly authority "I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you put your mittens in your backpack?" That put a stop to the questioning of my memory! At least for a few minutes...now that I think about it, who was that child and why was she calling me mom????

No comments:

Post a Comment